In 1944 a group of Kearney businessmen raised enough capital to charter the Platte Valley State Bank. The bank was located on the corner of 23rd Street and Central Avenue, Kearney, Nebraska. In 1962 ground was broken for the construction of the new "ultra-modern" round bank and the "Circle of Service" was launched. At that time the bank had eight million in total assets and ten employees.
By June of 1998, the “Circle of Service” was expanded to a "Financial Center" with new and expanded services all under one roof and nearly $320 million in assets and 43.27% of the deposit market share in the city of Kearney. Three years later services were expanded to include the Grand Island area and by 2005 a new facility was open for business along the 281 Corridor in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Today Platte Valley State Bank & Trust Company is part of the First National Nebraska, Inc. community of banks in Nebraska, South Dakota, Colorado, Kansas, Texas, Iowa and Illinois. Platte Valley State Bank & Trust is focused on central Nebraska with major investments of people and capital in the Kearney and Grand Island communities. It is one of the top banking and financial service companies in Nebraska.