Our Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged account that can be established by eligible individuals covered under a high-deductible health plan to save and pay for qualified medical expenses. Examples of qualified expenses include co-pays, hospital visits, prescriptions and certain non-prescription drugs, and some insurance premiums such as Long Term Care insurance.
Contributions made on your behalf are fully tax-deductible, earnings are tax-deferred and distributions used to pay for qualified medical expenses are tax-free, regardless of your income.*
A key benefit of a Health Savings Account is that the contributions you make belong to you with no spending deadline. All unused contributions stay in your account, earning tax-deferred interest.
- Individual Health Savings Account for Individual Coverage
- Family Health Savings Account for Family Coverage
- Competitive Interest
- Earn Interest on Your Daily Balance
- No Minimum Balance Required*
- Personal Check Access
- Free Health Savings Visa® Check Card (qualified applicants)
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online BillPay
- Free Account Alerts
- Free Paperless Statements
*Consult your tax advisor regarding the tax advantages of a Health Savings Account. Refer to a Personal Banker or the Services & Fees Disclosure for complete account details
Health Savings Visa® Check Card
Give your Health Savings Account purchasing power with a Platte Valley State Bank Visa® Check Card.* Just present your card at the merchant and sign your receipt - it's that easy. The amount of your purchase is automatically deducted from your Platte Valley State Bank Health Savings Account.
- No Monthly Service Fee
- Make Up to $2,500 in Purchases Per Day (provided adequate funds are available)**
- Make up to $400 in cash withdrawals per day from any PLUS System or PLUS ATM** (provided adequate funds are available)
- No Transaction Fees
- Access to over 1 million PLUS System or PLUS ATMs Worldwide
* Available on Platte Valley State Bank Health Savings Accounts only. Subject to qualifications.
** Purchases and cash withdrawals made for non-medical expenses are subject to income tax and a 10% penalty tax.